Embark on a culinary escapade like no other with RecSpot as we unveil curated lists of charming speakeasies and delectable sushi spots. Hidden bars and clubs became synonymous with the rebellious spirit of the Roaring Twenties, featuring password entry, jazz music, and a vibrant social scene that thrived despite the constraints of Prohibition. Speakeasies continue to captivate and charm visitors today, offering a nostalgic journey back to the secretive glamour of the Prohibition era, with their dimly lit ambiance, classic cocktails, and an air of mystery that adds an element of excitement to the modern social experience. Prepare to be enchanted by hidden gems that beckon with secret entrances and a dash of nostalgia.
Top Secret Sips
Discover the finest speakeasies handpicked by RecSpot in the cities listed below. From viral sensations to concealed treasures, RecSpot ensures you have access to the absolute best in the realm of hidden delights. If you’re interested in sharing your favorite hidden gem speakeasy, curate and share your list on RecSpot with friends!
Best Speakeasies By City:
- Los Angeles: Take the elevator down from the lobby of the Wayfarer to find Lilly Rose, a whimsically decorated, dim-lit basement bar full of vintage art, chandeliers, an old-school pinball machine, and an eclectic mix of plush armchairs and loveseats.
- New York: PDT, also known as “Please Don’t Tell” is concealed down a few stairs, inside a hotdog shop and through a telephone booth. If you are looking for something classy, cozy, and comfortable, head to PDT!
- Austin: Hidden behind a weathered iron door marked by a lightning bolt, awaits Trona, home to an intimate, low-lit space harboring fine tequilas, top-shelf mezcals, natural wines, and rare Japanese whiskeys.
- Miami: El Salón can be found hidden on the ground floor of the swoon-worthy Esmé Hotel on Española Way. Their plush booth seating, ceramic tile, natural stone countertops and wooded ceilings make this cocktail bar the ideal spot for an intimate date or decadent nightcap.
Have a spot you think deserves to be on our list? Click the button below to download the RecSpot app now!
RecSpot has curated a selection of the absolute best sushi in the vibrant culinary scenes of Los Angeles, Miami, New York, and Austin. Discover exquisite flavors and artful presentations in LA, savor the fusion of tradition and creativity in Austin, explore the chic and modern twists in Miami, and experience the intimate mastery of sushi in the bustling metropolis of New York. Each city offers a unique and unforgettable encounter with top tier sushi.
Best Sushi By City
- Los Angeles: Sugarfish serves only traditional sushi of the highest quality based on Chef Nozawa’s style of sushi, which many believe is the best in the game.
- Austin: James Beard Award‑winning Chef Tyson Cole founded Uchi to be a delicate balance of elevated food and impeccable service, offering non‑traditional Japanese cuisine with signature tastings, sushi, and a seasonal omakase.
- Miami: Zuma Miami‘s dishes are authentic yet non-traditional with bold, intense flavors and an emphasis on simple presentation acquired through quality ingredients.
- New York City: Sushi Nakazawa serves a Nigiri-sushi exclusive “Omakase” menu consisting of approximately Twenty pieces of Nigiri. They source their fish and shellfish globally, with a special focus on Japan.
RecSpot Is Here To Help!
Allow RecSpot to be your reliable partner in crafting exceptional experiences. Serving as your go-to guide for uncovering the very best sushi and navigating the world of speakeasies, this app offers the ideal itinerary for you and your crew. Count on RecSpot to accompany you, guaranteeing that every entertainment and lifestyle encounter is customized to align seamlessly with your distinctive tastes.
If you are eager to share your favorite spots and discover new ones like us, download the RecSpot app today! Check out our RecLists on the REX profile or create your own and explore the favorites of your friends – because every amazing experience deserves to be shared.