What better way to enter 2024 than with a list of the best restaurants in LA and the best zeroproof bars for those participating in Dry January? As you embark on a journey to explore the culinary delights of Los Angeles, incorporating zeroproof bars into your itinerary ensures that your commitment to a booze-free January doesn’t limit your social experiences. Embrace the opportunity to savor exquisite cuisine without the need for spirits, discovering the city’s diverse flavors while maintaining your commitment to a healthier start in the new year.
Whether you’re a food enthusiast or a Dry January participant, RecSport has curated a list of unique choices, allowing you to indulge in delightful experiences with or without alcohol. Cheers to a new year filled with exciting tastes and mindful choices!
Starting off 2024 with Fantastic Eats
Kick off 2024 with a culinary adventure by exploring the best restaurants in LA right now. From trendy eateries dishing out innovative fusion cuisine to longstanding classics delivering timeless flavors, Los Angeles is a culinary paradise. Immersion in the city’s vibrant dining scene promises a delectable start to the new year for food connoisseurs and the culinary curious alike. If you’re interested in sharing your own favorite restaurants, curate and share your lists on RecSpot with friends!
LA’s Best Restaurant Roundup
- BBQ: Moo’s Craft Barbecue started as an underground BBQ popup in a small East Los Angeles Backyard in 2017. Inspired by Texas Barbecue, Moo’s Craft Barbecue uses old school techniques to produce their delicious, melt in your mouth smoked meats with a CaliMex twist.
- Mexican: Looking for bestselling birria and pork belly breakfast burritos? Check out LA’s Macheen! Chef Perez also makes longanisa breakfast burritos and chdashi-braised chicken tacos that are topped with pomegranate seeds.
- Italian: Antico Nuovo draws inspiration from the Italian countryside preserving ancient techniques and traditions in food and wine. With an ever evolving and excellent seasonal menu, Antico Nuovo is sure the impress and satisfy all year long.
- Thai: Located in Sherman Oaks, Anajak Thai showcases the flavors of Thailand interpreted for the modern Los Angeles culinary landscape. The chef who curated the unique menu was named Food & Wine‘s Best New Chef in 2022.
Have a spot you think deserves to be on this list? Click the button below to download the RecSpot app now!
Participating in Dry January?
Dry January is a popular health and wellness initiative that involves voluntarily abstaining from alcohol consumption for the entire first month of the year. In recent years, the concept has steadily gained momentum as individuals continue to desire a fresh start in the new year. People choose to participate in Dry January for various reasons, with health and personal well-being at the forefront, but the initiative has also become a social movement, with friends, family, and communities coming together to support each other in the shared goal of a sober month.
Best Zero Proof Bars by City:
- Los Angeles: The New Bar is a place for anyone and everyone who wants to drink less. They offer weekly tastings for any bottles on their shelves as well as information to be more mindful, intentional, and healthy about the way you drink, for Dry January and beyond.
- Austin: A seasonally rotated nonalcoholic mocktail menu can be found at Yard Bar, where drinks are made with Seedlip nonalcoholic spirits like the strawberry fields with strawberry, mint, and lime. They also offer a delicious frozen lemonade and other assorted soft drinks.
- Miami: At Dom’s, visitors can enjoy zero-proof cocktails featuring Lyres NA spirits. With alcohol-free versions of the negroni, Aperol spritz, and mojito, it’s easy to find something to sip on during their wild karaoke Thursdays.
- New York City: Corner Bar‘s spirit-free, yet “spirit”-forward cocktails include a Spritz Rubino made with blood orange, lemon and sparkling water, and a Sansgarita with Lyre’s Agave Reserva, green strawberry, and chile.
RecSpot is Here to Help!
Imagine a realm where your dining and entertainment choices seamlessly match your preferences – RecSpot is here to assist in curating experiences that transcend the ordinary and be a roadmap to Dry January and LA’s Best Restaurants. Trust RecSpot to be your steadfast companion for all things related to entertainment and lifestyle, ensuring that each experience is intricately customized to suit your tastes.
If you are eager to share your favorite spots and discover new ones like us, download the RecSpot app today! Check out our RecLists on the REX profile or create your own and explore the favorites of your friends – because every amazing experience deserves to be shared.