Whether you hate it or love it, Gingerbread has been apart of the holiday traditions for years and years to come. Legend has it that gingerbread’s origins can be traced back to ancient Greece, where clever bakers mixed honey and ginger to create a sweet, spiced concoction fit for the gods. As the recipe made its way through history, it latched onto crusaders returning from the Middle East, who brought back exotic spices like ginger and cinnamon. Fast forward to the medieval era, where bakers in Europe transformed gingerbread into edible art, crafting elaborate shapes and designs. Soon, it found its way into German holiday traditions, evolving into the iconic gingerbread house we know and love today. So, the next time you nibble on a gingerbread cookie, remember that you’re savoring a slice of history—spicy, sweet, and delightfully festive.
Our List of Gingerbread Treats To Try:
Embark on a cross-country journey through the big cities of the United States to discover an array of delightful gingerbread treats. RecSpot has your back when it comes to discovering the best gingerbread spots across the country, guiding you to delectable destinations where the warmth and spice of these festive treats await. If you’re interested in sharing your own favorite gingerbread treat spots, curate and share your lists on RecSpot with friends.
Gingerbread in a City Near You:
- Los Angeles: The Sycamore Kitchen has an oatmeal stout gingerbread loaf that will leave you feeling amazed, while The COOLHAUS Shop offers something a little different – gingerbread flavored ice cream for those who are a little unconventional.
- Austin: Ask any local and they will tell you that Magnolia Cafe South‘s gingerbread pancakes are not something you want to pass up. Meanwhile, Upper Crust Bakery boasts having the best gingerbread man cookie in Texas.
- San Francisco: Miette Patisserie‘s gingerbread cupcakes speak for themselves – made with molasses, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg and dark stout beer, topped with a tangy-sweet cream cheese frosting. Check out Philz Coffee‘s gingerbread iced coffee for a modern take on the traditional holiday flavor.
- New York City: Can’t go wrong at La Bergamote, where their Chocolate mousse with gingerbread is encased in chic dark chocolate. Another delicious option awaits at Doughnut Plant who’s gingerbread cake is sure to impress your tastebuds!
Have a spot you think deserves to be on this list? Click the button below to download the RecSpot app now!
Guide to: Holiday Dinner With The Family
Whether you prefer to gather around the festive table at home with family or explore the city’s culinary scene, the family holiday dinner experience becomes a cherished memory. We have curated a list of restaurants guaranteed to impress your relatives this season with stunning ambience and carefully curated menus. This season, consider exploring notable restaurants offering everything from upscale Italian to cozy comfort food in the cities listed below.
Our List of Amazing Restaurants:
- Los Angeles: Located inside Hotel Figuroa, Sparrow Italia is an award-winning preserved treasure. This modern Italian restaurant features an expansive menu of fresh pastas, home made pizzas and Italian favorites, sure to satisfy everyone in the family. Ka’teen offers a fresh take on the ancient cuisine of the Yucatan Peninsula, brought to you by Chef Wes Avila.
- Austin: Western Bistro, Lonesome Dove features both classic and new tastes, with Austin-inspired dishes that showcase Chef Love’s creative use of bold flavors, wild game, and signature wood-fired cooking techniques. Mediterranean with a California influenced spot, Aba has a modern approach to Mediterranean cooking and a beverage program that showcases spirits and rare wines.
- Miami: With an ambience inspired by the glamour of the 1950’s, Matador Room offers an interpretation of Caribbean, Spanish, and Latin and South American cuisines. Is your family in the mood for sushi? Mila is the most elegant, upscale sushi place in town with countless selections of the freshest sushi.
- New York City: Le Coucou captures the essence of fine French dining in the heart of the Big Apple while Craft has a gourmet menu with a home-cooked feel in a cozy ambience that will inspire the best family dinner.
RecSpot is Here to Help!
Imagine a world where your dining and entertainment choices are seamlessly tailored to your preferences, creating a personalized experience that transcends the ordinary. Enter RecSpot, the revolutionary app poised to transform your gingerbread cravings and holiday family dinners into memories that will last a lifetime. With its intuitive algorithms and user-friendly interface, RecSpot becomes your trusted companion in regards to all things entertainment and lifestyle.
If you are eager to share your favorite spots and discover new ones like us, download the RecSpot app today! Check out our RecLists on the REX profile or create your own and explore the favorites of your friends – because every amazing experience deserves to be shared.